Not All Smartphones Are Equally Secure. BlackBerry security is known for adding an additional layer to the device and OS. See our range of BlackBerry hosting services. We offer UEM options as well as BBM Enterprise hosting.
Get Proven Security With BlackBerry
There are phones that say they are secure and then there are phones that live and breathe security. Phones with BlackBerry® software or apps don’t just tack on security, it’s built-in. BlackBerry is trusted by thousands of companies and governments around the world to securely enable business on mobile.
Security Built-in From the Start
With BlackBerry, you can be confident that extra precautions are taken at both the hardware and software levels to protect your BlackBerry smartphone from malicious tampering.
Security starts with the manufacturing process, and stays with your smartphone from that point forward. When you boot up, each component of hardware and software is validated to ensure your device hasn’t been tampered with. Then your device is continuously monitored for events or changes that indicate a compromise to device security.
BlackBerry locks down capabilities in the Android OS that could give attackers the opportunity to compromise your device. The software provides a secure environment that makes it difficult for attackers to find vulnerabilities or perform attacks. And downgrade prevention protects you against loading an OS version that doesn’t have the latest security fixes.
Protection for Your Data
BlackBerry adds extra protection to Wi-Fi®, VPN, Bluetooth and NFC to protect data in transit across your entire network, and offers the added option to digitally sign and encrypt messages you send with S/MIME. Should your phone be lost or stolen, full-disk encryption protects your private information. And for everyday protection, you can choose from a numeric, alphanumeric or picture password.
Ongoing Security Delivers Protection
Over the Long-Haul
Security isn’t static. It requires commitment to ongoing security updates.
Best-in-Class Security Patch Track Record
Many smartphones put the user’s private information at risk of being hacked due to slow security updates. BlackBerry has a record of being the quickest to deliver security patches. Other mobile device vendors can take weeks or months to deliver security patches, leaving you vulnerable and at risk.
Dedicated Security Research & Response Teams
Providing world class security continues to be a significant area of focus, commitment and investment for BlackBerry, with large teams dedicated to driving security leadership.
Securely Enable Business on Mobile
Only BlackBerry offers a comprehensive, mobile-native approach to security that addresses the entire enterprise, from endpoint to endpoint. Being BlackBerry Secure means integrated solutions informed by deep mobile security expertise and experience, continuous technical innovation, industry partnerships and academic collaborations, on-demand cybersecurity services, and a point of view that recognizes vulnerability wherever it lies.
Encryption and Certificates
- FIPS Compliant Cryptographic Engine for Enterprise Apps provides your enterprise with secure military grade encryption for your work applications.
- Wi-Fi Management lets you easily deploy and manage Wi-Fi or network profiles exclusive for users’ work applications.
- Password and Certificate Management with expanded certificate lookup and status verification, enables users and admins to better manage passwords and certificates for authentication.
- Control Over Certificates in the Work Trusted Store.
- The ability to configure Single Sign-on for Chrome in a managed profile.
Security Controls for Enterprise Admins
- Enrollment Options let you manage your deployed BlackBerry devices via native administration policies, EAS policies (when using BlackBerry Hub), container solution, or Android enterprise activation types.
- Enhanced Management Controls through inclusion of additional management capabilities for Android in the enterprise, give device administrators even greater control over their enterprise data.
- VPN Support for several native and third-party VPN solutions for connecting to networks means that when VPN is used on multiuser devices, each user can route their network traffic through a VPN without affecting other users on the device.