Exchange 2016 IMAP Settings
How to Configure Secure IMAP with TLS Encryption on Exchange 2016. These are the Exchange 2016 IMAP Settings page. The 2019 Exchange IMAP settings are at the end of the document.
This purpose of following documentation is to provide end users complete configuration steps in sending and receiving messages securely. This same document will also apply to users setting up FAX machines or SCANNER/PRINTERS that send documents as email.
For this we suggest you add a dedicated mailbox just for these devices.
- From Outlook, add a new account, and select “manual setup”
2. Select POP or IMAP
3. Enter in the mailbox details.
Your name: Your name
Email Address: Your full email address
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming Mail Server: mail.canadawidehostingservices.ca
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): mail.canadawidehostingservices.ca
User Name: Your full email address
Password: Your mailbox password
4. Select More Settings
5. Go to the “Outgoing Server” tab and make sure “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is CHECKED. Make sure “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is also selected.
6. Choose the “Advanced” tab to enter in the secure IMAP ports.
Incoming server (IMAP) will stay on default 143. Make sure you select “TLS”
Outgoing server (SMTP) must be manually changed to 587 and the TLS dropdown box is on TLS. Press OK to save changes.
7. Test the connection settings by selecting next. You will see Outlook connect to the server with the settings you entered.
Exchange 2016 IMAP Settings are typically meant for 3rd parties to send mail as your domain name, or system devices like printers or cameras.
Exchange 2019 IMAP Settings
The same settings go for 2019. But the only difference is the server will be: exchange.hosting.ca
Incoming Mail Server: exchange.hosting.ca
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): exchange.hosting.ca