We’ve used many website builders before and find that the web is constantly evolving. We like to use products that are strong and have a large community base with constant security updates and functions. A website builder we like to use is WordPress. WordPress is the leading content management system (CMS) platform running on over 15 million websites. It’s affordability and ease-of-use make it the go-to website building program for newbies and experts alike.
There are many benefits to using WordPress including:
- The WordPress software is free.
- It’s easy to learn.
- You can manage your website from any computer. No FTP required.
- No need to know HTML, although some basic coding knowledge is always helpful.
- You can customize WordPress to represent your brand.
- WordPress functionality can be expanded through the use of plugins.
- Search engines like WordPress, especially when it’s used as a blog.
- WordPress can be used as a blog or a static website.
A Little History
WordPress was born out of a desire for an elegant, well-architectured personal publishing system built on PHP and MySQL and licensed under the GPLv2 (or later). It is the official successor of b2/cafelog. WordPress is fresh software, but its roots and development go back to 2001. It is a mature and stable product. We hope by focusing on user experience and web standards we can create a tool different from anything else out there.
We have web hosting packages dedicated to WordPress. See our WordPress hosting packages here.